- Scholar of the week - Rhode Scholar AIAH Director Professor Jaynie Anderson
- The Barberini heraldic lampas from the National Gallery of Victoria - Dr Chiara Buss
- The Power of Luxury: Machiavelli's Prince and the Culture of the Courts in Renaissance Italy
February 19 and 20, 2013.
- Colonial Art Exhibitions: past, present, future November 23 and 24, 2012.
- The Legacies of Bernard Smith: A symposium at the Universities of Melbourne and Sydney. Melbourne September 20 and 21, 2012 and Sydney November 9 and 10, 2012.
- International Renaissance Symposium March 9 and 10, 2012.
- Benjamin West and "The Venetian Secret" March 17, 2011.
- Art History's History in Australia and New Zealand August 28 and 29, 2010.
- Interspaces: Art + Architectural Exchanges from East to West 20, 21 and 22 August, 2010.
- Australian Art Industry Networks: Artists, Agents, Markets, Museums July 15 and 16, 2010, Convened by Dr Christopher Marshall and Dr Meaghan Wilson Anastassios
The symposium will explore the synergies between the various participants of the contemporary Australian art industry and the ways that the constantly evolving inter-relationships between art industry agents might act to change the ways that we perceive art and its relationship to contemporary society now and in the future. Thus the fundamental work of artists will be discussed in the context of efforts by commercial galleries and the art auction system to market and sell their work, while the role of Museums will be highlighted in relation to their developing relationships with private and corporate philanthropy and sponsorship.
- Art History and the Diapspora: Ernst Gombrich and the problem of being a Viennese art Historian in London August 13, 2010
Contemporaneity: 22 and 23 July, 2010, Convened by Terry Smith, Andrew W. Mellon Professor of Contemporary Art History and Theory, University of Pittsburgh.
The program included keynote lectures by W.J.T Mitchell, Gaylord Donnelley Distinguished Service Professor at the University of Chicago and Editor of Critical Enquiry,
Keynote address: World Picturing in the Time of Terror and since.
Over two days and with speakers and panels, the symposium will ask what is it to imagine the present, to grasp the quick of contemporary life, to see the details of the everyday within more distant dispositions (to picture place within the world picture, and ask after the connections between them), to forge selfhood in the context of an all-pervasive consciousness of others, many different kinds of others-in short, to think contemporaneity, now?
- Interrogating Art Curatorship in Australia March 13 and 14, 2010.
- CIHA Melbourne 2009