Our aim is to improve the living conditions and lifestyles of thousands of people both in Australia and abroad who are now, or may in the future, be affected by vision impairment. It is also affiliated with the Centre for Eye Research Australia.
To become a world leading eye research institute, renowned for discovery of the causes of eye diseases and our work in improving diagnosis, prevention, treatment and rehabilitation of eye disease, vision loss and blindness through our research, clinical work and teaching.
To eliminate the major eye diseases that cause vision loss and blindness and reduce their impact in our community.
Conduct Quality Research
- Identify major factors leading to vision impairment.
- Develop early detection of potential vision impairment.
- Develop intervention strategies.
- Develop models of optimum care.
Application of Research into Best Practice
- Develop and promote preventative behaviours through community awareness to reduce the incidence and severity of eye disease.
- Develop and promote screening activities for treatable eye diseases and other causes of vision loss.
- Develop and promote models of best practice in the management of eye disease.
Foster a Quality Learning Environment
- Promote a learning environment.
- Undertake regular reviews of the range, objectives and structure of teaching.
- Provide a positive environment for student recruitment, assessment and support.
Effective and Efficient Management. Develop and continuously improve management processes relating to:
- People and organisational development.
- Business management and marketing.
- Finance and administration.